Frequently Asked Questions

Do you waive deposits?

Deposits are required to be rendered on all accounts.  The only exceptions are services that are set up for non-profit organizations such as schools, churches, and government agencies.  Written proof of non-profit status is required.

When is my deposit refunded?

Each deposit is held and applied to the final bill once the account has been closed.  It will take approximately two weeks for your final bill to be generated.  If you are due a refund, a check will be mailed approximately four weeks after the final bill has been sent. Always supply us with your forwarding address so your refund check can be mailed to the correct address.  If you are moving to another address on Springdale’s water system, you may be able to transfer your current deposit to the new location in lieu of receiving a refund.  Please read the next question regarding the transfer of service.

How do I transfer service to a new location?

To transfer your deposit to a new service address, your account must be paid in full, even if the current balance is not due yet.  You may contact us in person or by phone to transfer your deposit to your new service address.  Once your previous account has a zero balance, you will be charged a $20.00 transfer fee on your first water bill for your new address.  You are only able to have service at two locations for a period of 3 days when requesting a transfer.

If service will be needed at your old address for more than 3 days, you will be required to render a new deposit in addition to a meter service fee for the new address.  When you close your account from your old address, that deposit will be applied to your outstanding bill and either a final bill or refund check will be mailed to your new address.

How long after starting service will my water be turned on?

If the water is off at the location that you are requesting service, we will schedule a time- set for you on the next business day.  We will request a one hour time period for a serviceman to meet you and set your meter, excluding 12:00-1:00 p.m.  If water service is needed the same day, you have the option of paying a same day service charge. To protect your property, service will not be started if someone does not meet the serviceman.

If my water gets disconnected for non-payment or returned check, when will services be restored?

Once the account is paid to current status, a work order will be generated to restore services the same day.  We restore service on a first-come first-service basis, so we are unable to provide an exact time for reconnection.  Therefore, it is the customer’s responsibility to make sure all faucets are off. To protect your property, service will not be restored if any water is left on. 

In the event a customer’s service is disconnected for non-payment and the customer requests service after-hours, service personnel can be dispatched up to 7:00 p.m. on weekdays.  On weekends and holidays, service personnel can be dispatched between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.  Service personnel will not accept cash payments.  If a customer is unable to pay with check or money order, or produce a payment verification/receipt, the customer shall resolve any payment issue with Springdale Water’s administrative office during regular business hours.

Is trash service included in my water bill?

Trash service is included on your water bill, however we are only the billing agent for Waste Management for residences located in the Springdale city limits.  All questions or issues regarding trash service must be addressed with Waste Management by contacting them at (479) 361-4200.  Springdale Water can not make any changes to your trash account unless instructed by Waste Management.

Do I have to pay for trash service if my home is vacant?

If you have a property that is vacant and you do not need trash service, you can obtain a vacant property exemption form here or from our customer service department.  Once returned to us completed, we will set your account up so you are not charged for trash service.  It is your responsibility to notify us if the property is no longer vacant to be in compliance with city ordinance. If you are a business or live outside the city limits, you must contact Waste Management to set up service. 

What type of payments do you take at the offices of Springdale Water Utilities?

We accept cash, check, credit and debit cards and money orders in the office. We only accept cash, check and money orders in the drive thru.

Do you have other payment options?

Click here for payment options including bank draft, online credit card/debit card payments, electronic check, online banking payments, night depository and other payment locations.

Can I put multiple names on my account?

Only one name can be assigned to an account.  We will allow someone else to make a payment  on the account or have water shut off for leaks and emergency repairs.  However, only the account holder can disconnect or make any changes to the account.  These changes must be made in person with a written request or by providing pertinent information about the account when calling by telephone.